Being a part of the performing arts in your community can be a wonderful and life changing experience. We welcome you to join us for auditions here at the Playhouse. Our volunteer performers consist of people in our community from all walks of life... teachers, students, doctors, military... whatever your profession, if you have ever dreamed of performing onstage we encourage you to audition for YOUR chance to perform in, what audiences have declared, “Broadway on Brevard”!
- No Experience Necessary....We will train you!
- Please limit vocal auditions to a maximum of 1 minute or 16 bars of music. Sheet music Is preferred (We provide pianist).
- CD or Flash Drive with MP3 are acceptable, but accompaniment must not contain prerecorded vocals and must stop at 1 minute.
- NO ELECTRONIC PLAYER DEVICES: We are unable to use any kind of smart phone, iPad/tablet or iPod/Music Player.
- If you do not have a prepared song with sheet music or CD, you will be asked to sing “Happy Birthday” with the piano accompaniment. (A Pianist will be provided).
- NO ACAPELLA VOCALS, PLEASE! (An exception will be made ONLY for “A Journey of Hope” auditions on February 12th)
- You will also be given simple stage movement to follow, unless noted under the show title. Please dress comfortably with correct shoes to move.
No pre-registration or appointments required. You may arrive, approximately 15 minutes before the listed time you wish to audition and sign up in the lobby.
Auditions are open to the public. Participants will be asked to introduce themselves and sing. You may also be given dance movement depending on the production.
If you have a disability or medical condition that prevents from participating in the movement portion of the audition, you may inform the casting directors prior to the start of the audition. For those that the casting team wish to see audition further for a leading or specific principal role, call back auditions will be held in the next few days following the audition. Call-back auditions are closed to the public.